Reports to: Diagnostic Imaging Director
Description: The Mammography Technologist performs diagnostic mammography procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their mammogram and participates in maintaining positive department patient flow.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology: either college affiliated or hospital trained.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiography and registered/board eligible in mammography.
- One-year mammography experience preferred.
- Maintain current BLS certification, (within 60 days from hire).
- Thorough understanding of breast anatomy, positioning./li>
- Flexible. Able to adjust schedule as patient flow and activity occur.
- Knowledge of computer applications and general clerical functions such as phones, scheduling, billing.