Reports to: Laboratory Director
Description: The Medical Technologist is responsible for performing all Clinical Laboratory services. Includes venipuncture and performance of testing, interpretation and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment. Also assists with blood bank operation and in the maintenance of Lab equipment.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Laboratory Science.
• 2 years’ experience in high complexity testing laboratory preferred.
• MT Certification (ASCP or AMT) or equivalent.
• 2 years’ experience in phlebotomy, infant to geriatric.
• Knowledge of blood banking processes.
• Basic computer skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate appropriate skills as MT.
• Ability to multi-task and work with constant interruptions.
• Qualified, experienced Medical Lab Technologist may also be considered for this position.