Reports to: Vice President of Ancillary/Support Services
Description: The Patient Navigator serves as a single point of contact for referring physicians, patients, caregivers, and human service organizations to provide resources and assistance with clinical and supportive care services offered within Grand County and its partnering healthcare community. Serves as a liaison between patients, healthcare providers and human services agencies to reduce barriers to care and assure the patient receives the care they need when they need it. (Works with the patient to identify barriers to care and a comprehensive and goal- oriented plan.) Facilitates patient appointments, including those made with healthcare providers, labs, diagnostic areas, specialty physicians, and human service organizations.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Licensure: licensed as a professional Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- BLS Required.
- Knowledge of local and state public health system’s and local healthcare environment
- Knowledge of the local community resources, state and federal programs.
- Knowledge of state, federal and private insurance systems.
- Knowledge of chronic diseases and treatment process and effect of illness on patient population.
- Requires problem solving, decision making and critical thinking. Ability to strategize, organize and plan.
- Requires excellent leadership, organizational, written and verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to relate to people like and different from self- including across socioeconomic status and cultures
- Must be able to work in a self-directed environment, with ability to work with and lead teams.
- Ability to implement professional and community based education programs.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and emotional stability while working under intense emotion, time and volume pressure.
- Computer and internet literate; Microsoft Office competency required.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines; coordinate service delivery with partners; maintain confidential information; perform multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinate work schedule to achieve maximum productivity/effectiveness; apply exceptional customer services skills at all times; exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Drivers License in good standing.