Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
Description: Social Worker is responsible for the coordination of quality patient care with members of the health care team, the patient, and/or significant others, beginning with pre-admission and continuing through post discharge. Coordinates resource utilization and discharge planning needs, adjustment to illness, end of life decision-making and emotional support. Is a liaison in networking patients and their families with community resources when deemed appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services field such as sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology and one year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- LCSW or MSW required.
- Pass and maintain Basic Life Support – BLS certification within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to use computer for patient documentation and administrative work.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Experience in discharge planning preferred.